GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, Michigan — At least he’s a patriotic dumbass.
A Michigan man accidentally set his garage on fire when he tried to use fireworks to remove a bee’s nest inside, authorities said.
The blaze set off even more fireworks that were apparently store inside, sending rockets blazing across the night sky, fire officials said.
“The homeowner was doing something with a smoke bomb trying to get a bees nest out of the garage,” Grand Blanc Fire Chief, Bob Burdett, told Mlive.com.
No one was hurt and the fire was contained to the garage and a fence and didn’t spread to the clueless homeowner’s home.
Mike Tingley, who sparked the fire, said he was simply glad it wasn’t worse.
“We really weren’t going to celebrate the Fourth of July so much as we just have fun in our backyard, we like to have barbecues, we had a patio back there,” said Tingley, who was home with his wife and daughter at the time of the fire. “It is depressing losing a place where we had a lot of fun, but everyone is safe and that’s the main thing.”